How are we already almost halfway through December? Christmas seems to be sneaking up on me this year!
I’ll crack on with my shopping list and leave you to enjoy some festively fantastic favour ideas from fab wedding planner Claudia Montano…
I absolutely love favours… I’m a favour fanatic! There are so many unique options available now that you can absolutely find the perfect favour for your wedding style. Here are some festive favours to get you started for the holiday season.
- What better way to represent a December wedding than to gift cracker-shaped favours! Now I’m excited! You can either purchase some regular crackers, carefully open one end, and replace the ‘gifts’ inside with your own personal present ideas, maybe even a little thank you card in place of the traditional joke. Another option is to completely DIY the crackers yourself! There are plenty of tutorials out there, and this gives you the complete freedom to create your own design and colour choices.
- Another perfectly festive idea is to gift Christmas baubles! I adore this idea. You could have an array of colours, or colours that match your wedding day. You can even get creative and use them as your table plan, or DIY thank you’s directly onto the baubles (glue and glitter required!). Your guests will be reminded of your big day every Christmas! You’ll definitely need adorable little gift boxes to keep these delicate favours safe.
- A favour that anyone would be filled with glee to receive is a DIY hot chocolate. Yum! You can find plenty of miniature glass bottles or tubes in local stores (or online), and once finished with a bow and gift tag they will look fabulous! Start at the bottom with a lovely, tall layer of your favourite hot chocolate… now for the toppings, it’s that easy! I would personally finish my hot chocolate jars with mini marshmallows, but you could use chocolate chips, crushed candy canes (or one candy cane tied to the jar with a bow), or even different layers of toppings! Another fun idea for the adults is to add a little bottle of Baileys.
- Share the festive joy with sprigs from the same Christmas tree! A fabulous eco-friendly gift that everyone can enjoy for years to come. You can take cuttings from one Christmas tree, plant them in miniature planters, add a bow and some burlap (optional!) and you’re ready to give the ever-growing gift of Christmas! Plus these favours will smell fabulous.
- We all like to have a little merriment around Christmas time, so why not gift miniature bottles of infused vodka or gin as your favours! If you’re a DIY bride/groom then you can easily make these yourselves (just start early!), or there are a certainly suppliers out there who already have these little bottles of holiday cheer available to purchase.
- A great foodie favour idea are gingerbread cookies, or any cookies in fact! These come in a variety of shapes, sizes, decorations… you name it, it’s out there. Little boxes of gingerbread men (and women, of course!), Christmas puddings, baubles, or Christmas trees would be perfect for this time of year. If you’re a gifted with the skills of baking then why not give it a go yourself! You could even gift children with DIY kits where they can decorate their own Christmas cookies!
- Another foodie idea is popcorn. Yum yum yum. Who doesn’t love popcorn?! This is another completely easy DIY favour idea. You’ll need some miniature jars, popcorn kernels, a handful of ‘thank you’ tags, and a bow to bring it all together! You could also add sprinklings of flavours to your popcorn if you’re daring enough.
- As the evenings are getting darker much earlier, sparklers are a perfect way to end the evening. You can completely gift these as favours! Plenty of online stores are selling custom cards for sparklers (with your names and wedding date printed on them). Sparklers will make for fabulous photos too, so make sure your photographer knows when you’ll be giving them out! Just make sure to check with your venue first… and have a bucket of water/sand on hand.
- If you’re a ‘beauty Queen’ bride (or groom!), then festive scrubs are a wonderful little favour idea. You can DIY these yourself with lots of bath salts and scented bath oils, or there are oodles and oodles of buyable options out there!
- We love a cheap and cheerful idea, so let’s end with one of those! Candles! Admit it ladies, we love candles. We can’t get enough! We’ll probably never use them, but we love them all the same. You can find some perfectly festive scents these days, so take the time to pick the right ones for your wedding day! The only way you can make a candle any better?! Pop them into little jars!
Hopefully that’s given you some festive inspiration! Get crafty, get shopping, be as creative as you want to be! Your guests will absolutely love any of these favour ideas as they can take them away and use them, admire them, or (the best option) eat them! Enjoy!
Claudia Montano, Weddings and Events is run by fully qualified and experienced planner Claudia Montano, IEWP.
“I have always been passionate about weddings, having worked the circuit during my time at a local high-end hotel, and as a freelancer with a flourishing catering company. What isn’t there to love? You fall in love with every colour scheme, every flower, every detail. Planning is something I love to do. I enjoy nothing more than sitting with a bride and discussing every little detail of her wedding day – seeing the bride light up is where the creative process starts, where something excites you that much that the thought process naturally flows and all the pieces begin to come together. If you would like any more information, or just want to have a chat, do contact me…”